Friday, November 7, 2008

Fit Friday Report

I did it. I signed up for Circuit Cardio Challenge at my gym. If I win, I get my choice of a free one hour massage or a personal training session. (And the sick thing is, I'm going to choose the personal training session if I win.)

Anyway, here's how it works. I have to have the fastest time in my age group performing these five circuit cardio activities, in any order I choose.

  • Farmer's Walk carrying 35 lb. plate weights in each hand. Description: You grab two plate weights totaling 70 lbs. and carry them 3 laps around the gym.
  • Sled Push with 125 lbs. on the sled. Description: At our gym, we have this sled-type thing--Kind of like a cart with no wheels. So I have to put 125 lbs on that thing and push it forward about 25 yards and then backpedal with it to the beginning--Four times.
  • EFX Trainer/Eliptical Machine - 500 strides
  • Plyometric squats on the BOSU (half ball thing) - 20 times
  • Clean and press - 25 reps with 35 lbs. Description: This is what you see people do at weightlifting competitions where the pick the barbell up off the floor and pull it to the chest; Then lift over the head, back to the chest, back to the floor.

So, how's THAT for Fit Friday? I'm going to do my initial run at it next week. Then I'll train for it until December 15 when I do the final run (and get to see how much I've improved!) and see how I rank.

Ohhhh, this is going to be FUN!

7 comments:

Jackie said...

Wow...I am exhausted just reading this - but you go, girl! I know you can do it, because you seem pretty determined. Looking forward to seeing how it all goes!

Nicole - Life in Progress said...

That's awesome! Way to go.

Missy said...

You rock sister.

and yes, you are nuts.

As I still have about 450,000 points to go till my massage!!

Mom: Fitness Junkie said...

It's going to be a huge challenge. I found out that there's a girl who's 10 years my junior who's very capable of kicking my butt.

Gonna have to train harder. Nothing but good can come of it...Provided I don't kill myself in the process!

Sara said...

that's SO cool! good luck! it's always nice to have goals to work toward! i also liked your previous post... i have long wanted to run a marathon, but between having babies and other stuff, i haven't made the time yet to do the training... your post was quite interesting! i think a lot of my motivation in it was that it would force me to get in shape!!! well, i'm getting there, and i will certainly keep this in mind if i ever decide to do it!... thanks for all the info! i really enjoy it!:)

The Smiths said...

awesome!

Lisa said...

Sounds grueling, but its always nice to have something to train for.