Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Time for those New Year's Resolutions!

Oh, how I hate New Year's Resolutions. I found out years ago that, at least for me, they're completely pointless. Because I never follow through with them!

No, I have to sort of start on a project and just let it snowball--Kind of like my decision to join a gym so I'd have a place to go each day turned into my becoming a Fitness Junkie!

Now, don't get me wrong. I think Resolutions are okay for some people. Just not me. So, if I might offer a piece of advice for you Resolutioners out there who have vowed to lose weight in 2009, here it is. If you want to achieve permanent weight loss (the best kind, in my opinion!), make VERY SMALL changes!

If you normally drink four Cokes a day, cut it down to only one. Or resolve to drink water instead.

If you normally hit the drive-thru at Whataburger twice a week, try to cut it down to twice a month.

If you really do need to get more active, buy a pedometer and vow to walk 5000 steps every single day. (It's not as hard as you think.) Then later increase that number to 7000, 9000, 10,000.

No need to jump off the deep end and join a gym and make tons of promises to yourself. Baby steps, my friends, baby steps.

No comments: